Director of Intiative
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, engineering, or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 6-12 years of experience in project management or business operations
- Strong leadership skills including building relationships internally and externally, influencing others, collaborative problem solving, and effective partnership with key internal stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others while driving results.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- A culture carrier; values a positive culture with strong principles.
The Future Energy Initiative team is looking for an experienced Director, to support the growth of Future Energy’s business; in this role you will work collaboratively with leaders across multiple functions within Future Energy to identify, assess, and drive the execution of organic and inorganic growth opportunities leading the execution of capital projects. The Director is a program production lead, ultimately responsible for high-quality deliverables that power client satisfaction, meet business requirements, and balance client and company economics. The Director leads a multi-skill team of project managers, vendors, and clients. This person owns project definition, scope monitoring, budgeting & timing at the program account level. The Director will drive program execution across all business verticals.
Executive Vice President
- Ensures that the Initiative and Integrations teams utilizes a flexible approach
- Must be available to senior leadership and clients through corporate communication tools such as: cell, email, teams, etc… meeting demanding priorities through an entrepreneurial spirit resulting in early mornings and late nights
- Leads large teams to drive complex automotive electric vehicle infrastructure programs programs/campaigns to completion based on scope and budget. Well-versed in production needs; considered an expert in multiple channels and understands other mediums well enough to be a strategic problem solver
- Demonstrates the ability to hire and retain highly capable people while fostering diversity and career development
- Accountable for the accuracy of all team SOWs (Standard Work Instructions)
- Team’s chief problem solver and talent choreographer
- Develops key operational tools such as project charter documents, load letters, electric riser diagrams (i.e. team or brand specific processes)
- Demonstrated ability to grow mid-level producer talent; able to effectively manage performance issues
- Collaborates (with Business Manager if available) to provide accurate and realistic cost-to-complete estimates and forecasts for assigned projects
- Continuously learning technology. Advanced Microsoft Project and Excel ability. Strong understanding of today’s digital technologies
- Reviews all projects across account to determine resource and skill requirements; drives resource allocation management; ensures the right resources are cast to the need
- Accountable for account-level master project plan creation and management.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to adjust processes for efficiencies
- Structures and leads project status reviews; leads cross-team post-mortem sessions
- Partners with account/marketing team to provide appropriate and consistent communication directly to client(s) to clearly manage expectations
- Leads large teams to develop and manage risk mitigation plans
- Agency Cost Management: Vigilantly seeks to optimize both agency services and internal resources
- Internal Relationships and Team Leadership: Collaborative business partner to team capability leads
- Responsible for the career development of others
- Prioritizes work in progress (WIP) with production and account teams to pull work forward and break bottlenecks
- Point of escalation for vendor management concerns
- Scopes and estimates complex, multi-channel engagements
- Client-facing lead on issues related to production and project management
- Understands the client’s business and plans projects accordingly
- Demonstrates passion for the brand and our work
- Owns vendor/partner relationships
- Able to drive difficult or complex production discussions with client and facilitate resolution
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience or high potential for applying Project/Logistics Management discipline in a project leadership capacity
- Experience in Project Management or other execution methodologies
- Demonstrated interest or experience in energy/utilities, data analytics, economic development, and/or public policy issues is strongly preferred
- Experience leading engagements across various business functions including Operations, IT, Strategy, Finance, Procurement.
- Proven ability to develop and execute project plans, governance models, deliverable schedules, as well as proactively identify risks, issues, and challenges to mitigate in an effective manner.
- Understanding of strategy, operations, and management across business functions to have a broad understanding of risk and compliance management.
- Strong quantitative skills (MS Excel, Procore, Zoho) in project management, business execution. Must be able to identify and address process gaps and ensure that data is utilized effectively for program execution
- Strong demonstrated written and oral communications and presentation skills utilizing MS Office and Project Management Software
- Ability to ‘set up the problem’, manage projects against tight timelines, and lead teams
- Ability to look at the big picture and search for insightful, creative solutions.
- Ability to prioritize among competing needs and opportunities.
- Enterprising, resourceful, and results oriented.
- Pro-active, collaborative, and strategic.
Physical and Travel Requirements
Light Work: Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects. Candidate may travel up to 50%.
Terms of Employment
See Compensation Letter
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Future Energy’s policy